When studying for your ACCA exams, it can be helpful to know pass rates from previous sittings. Let's look at pass rates for ACCA by subject.
However, you need to be careful not to fall into the trap of thinking that an average of 70% or 80% means that the exam is easy or that less preparation is required due to high marks.
Pass rates change all the time so a high rate doesn’t necessarily indicate it’s easier than the other exams.
However, what it does indicate is where students are struggling which can be helpful in your study. Read on to find out more about ACCA pass rates.
ACCA Pass Rates by Subject
- AB - Accountant in Business: 80%
- MA - Management Accounting: 63%
- FA - Financial Accounting: 69%
- LW - Corporate and Business Law: 85%
- PM - Performance Management: 41%
- TX - Taxation: 51%
- FR - Financial Reporting: 46%
- AA - Audit and Assurance: 36%
- FM - Financial Management: 50%
Strategic Professional - Essentials
- SBL - Strategic Business Leader: 49%
- SBR - Strategic Business Reporting: 52%
Strategic Professional – Options
- AAA - Advanced Audit and Assurance: 36%
- AFM - Advanced Financial Management: 36%
- APM - Advanced Performance Management: 31%
- ATX - Advanced Taxation: 36%
Are you looking to pass your ACCA exams? Register for free with our Basic Plan to explore the platform and get access to ACCA resources and exam insights.
Foundation Level Qualifications
ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (Level 2 RQF)
- FA1 – Recording Financial transactions: 74%
- MA1 – Management Information: 77%
ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (Level 3 RQF)
- FA2 - Maintaining Financial Records: 70%
- MA2 – Managing Costs and Finance: 69%
ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 4 RQF)
- FAB – Accountant in Business: 76%
- FMA –Management Accounting: 66%
- FFA – Financial Accounting: 64%
*This exam pass rate data is from September 2019
Bear in mind that passing your ACCA exams is tough so the best approach to any exam is to give each one the same amount of time, effort and dedication.
Pass rates can provide you with a good indicator of where past students have struggled but are prone to changing each sitting.
If you're struggling with passing an exam or worried about starting to study, a great place to start is the Examiner’s Reports. They tell you exactly where students went wrong and what you can do to avoid their mistakes.
Give yourself the best chance to succeed with a flexible ACCA Subscription Plan from learnsignal by getting instant access to syllabus resources, exam prep materials and 24/7 support.
Not ready to commit? No problem, just register for free today and sign up to our Basic Plan to explore the platform – no credit card required.